By T. Denise Manning
It’s so easy to get stressed out these days, especially during the holidays. Heavy traffic, stress of holiday travel. Those last five pounds that just won’t go away can bring anyone down! It’s such a misfortune if we allow those things to kill our vibe while trying to enjoy our life and the season that were in. How do we get rid of all the stress and negative feelings and actually start enjoying our current season!? Well, seems like there’s a few simple rules that can make our lives happier. And here they are:
1. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile. Think positive thoughts.
2. Take advantage of the different Spa’s! Relax! Put that money aside and get a well deserved massage!
3. Get some sleep
4. Go explore! Get out and see new and different things. There might be a thrift shop or museum you haven’t checked out.
5. Play more games.
6. Read more books
7. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer.
8. Spend time with people that uplift and motivate you.
9. Dream more
10. Eat healthy
11. Drink more water.
12. Smile at strangers
13. Don’t waste your precious energy on the wrong people
14. Forget and forgive issues of the past.
15. Let go of anything that doesn’t make you happy.
I know that some things may be harder to do than others. It’s important to take baby steps when changing anything. Remember to embrace your journey and the season you’re in. Don’t get consumed on what others are doing… enjoy your life and listen to your body when you start to feel stressed out.
The holidays can get us tense and uptight. Remember to have and express gratitude for what you have and be okay with saying no to people and things you can’t commit yourself to. Relax and enjoy the season!