You have made it through countless hours of studying, term papers, midterms, and finals. Now you are ready to close all books and get ready to enjoy your summer break. I know you don’t want to know anything but sit back and relax; possible work a summer job and save up some money. There is nothing wrong with doing those things but there are a few other things you should also consider doing during your summer break.
5 Things Every College Student Should Do During Summer Break:
1. An internship. Interning can help you gain valuable experience and possibly lead to a job for after graduation. If you look for an internship but are unable to find one in your area of interest do some networking with people you know in the field and also meet new people. This will help to demonstrate your interest so that when a position does com available you have a network of people that can recommend you.
2. Taking the time do something and help those in need is its own reward and also can allow you to gain experience in working with the public. It is also another way to help build your network.
3. Research Areas of Interest. Another thing you can do if you do not get a job or internship in your area of interest is to do some independent research of the things that interest you. You can take this information and publish a blog or vlog; whether you realize it or not this can help you with your future career. These days everyone is on the internet including potential employers and if your future employer sees your blog it may help get you a position because you have demonstrated you commitment to the field.
4. Summer Course. Taking summer courses is a great way to keep your mind working and the things you have learned are still fresh on your mind. It is also a great way for you to get ahead in your school work. Why not take an extra course or two to reduce the time you have left before graduation.
5. Relax and have fun. I know this is the one thing you have been waiting on and yes please do also take some time to relax and just have fun. Remember this is your summer break.