Yes, it’s that festive time of year again and you’re still single! Many people are lonely and depressed, this time of year even, when family and friends surround you. In fact, hanging out with family and friends can often make you more aware of how very single and lonely you are. No one to love, share a gift with, or wishing you good cheers.
Even though you may be a strong, smart successful women, this time of year can make you feel down and easily fall into a deep depression.
So What’s A Girl To Do?
First of all you must be proactive, get out of your comfort zone and create a great
experience for yourself. You’ve worked hard all year, so this just might be the perfect time to have some fun or catch up on your to do list.
Here are 17 things you can do… to get over the holiday blues:
- Make a list of the things you would like to do or need to do
- Start/Finish a project you wanted to do all year
- Make your financial plans and set your life and relationship goals for next year
- Sign up for a class or an online course
- Go visit a close friend or relative
- Make plans with your single girlfriends and create a girls night out
- Schedule a pampering and beauty day and a glamour shot session for the evening
- Go to a museum or art gallery
- Go to a movie and dinner, its alright to go by yourself, you just might meet someone.
- Do some house cleaning , life cleaning and contact list clean up… remove the things not serving you well
- Join an online community
- Checkout the local activities
- Take a Trip
- Work with a trainer
- Pray, Meditate and Worship
- Download Successful Women Date Differently, grab your favorite drink and relax
About 7 years ago, after my divorce, I was very lonely this time of year. All my local friends had plans and the children were off with their dad for winter break. I was just sitting around bored and twiddling my thumbs. After talking with a few friends, I had a brilliant idea… to take a trip to California, USA. I’d never been there and I was curious, “What the Hollywood buzz was all about?” So I went online and to my surprise, I was able to purchase a ticket for a very inexpensive price. So at that spur of the moment, I packed my bags and off I went.
California was like a different world. Everyone looked like a superstar. I had fun being a tourist, checking out all of the Hollywood sites, shopping and beaches. I even connected with some guy friends that were excited about taking me out to dinner and to few red carpet parties. I instantly fell in love with the excitement of Hollywood and the vibe, scenery and beautiful weather. I returned home on New Year’s Eve, just in time to be with my boys to watch the ball drop.
To my surprise, 3 months later a recruiter called with an exciting opportunity to move to Orange County, California to assist with the opening of 2 medical facilities and implementing the technology systems. They paid the expenses, plus a sign-on bonus and off I moved to California the first week in February and 4 years ago I meet my now husband… Mr. Right!
The moral of the story is… if I did not get out of my comfort zone and build up the confidence to take my first vacation alone, I might not have move to California or met my husband.
So although you may not have any one to enjoy the festivities with now… just think of all of the possibilities and excitement that may come your way, if you simply push past your fear and get out of your comfort zone.
For tips on how to attract the love you deserve, get my new book: Successful Women Date Differently: Secrets to Attracting the Love you Deserve.