What is it that you want to buy yourself? The house on the hill? Where would it be? In some swanky neighborhood here in Chicago where I am from? Beverly Hills, CA or some hot spot in Miami? What about the car of choice? The jaguar, Porsche, Lamborghini? Any of these appeal to you? Are you into shoes and purses? My men, what suits do you enjoy and are you into expensive watches? All of these are fine and dandy. I am with you. I like a nice living space, car and nice clothes. But my most valuable asset is my health.
Since a 2 time brush with breast cancer and by the way it scared me so bad, I have paid more attention to my health. Now I am investing my money in vegetables for my juicer, essential oils and vita pack vitamins. I realize my health is my wealth. I have my fit bit monitoring my sleep because I now see the 6 hours I was getting was not enough.
Recently I ran down my body being super woman working 13 hours a day and attending school for my graduate degree. This body of mine that God gave me said “woman oh yeah”? As it began to get ran down. I ended up with a flu virus. My fine people, all of this other stuff is great. Flash and cash is great. But pay attention to your health. Be the man or woman that cried wolf and go to the doctor over and over if you think something is wrong. I am not saying all doctors know everything but proceed on the side of caution. At the end of the day your health is your wealth and all other things can be added later. No you = nothing.
Being Accountable For Managing Your Health
Here are some tips to help you:
1. Health is wealth – Please have your yearly physicals. After 50 for men have a prostate testing done and colonoscopy. Ladies, please have your yearly pap smear or whatever requirements your doctor has for you. After 40 years old it also is imperative to get your mammogram. Under 40 years old please do your self breast examination once a month.
2. Diet – What are you eating? I get it some say I don’t eat sugar, I don’t eat pork, I don’t eat! I am not there yet. But I am mindful. Moderation. Try not to eat fries and burgers every day. Add in the veggies and fruits, watch the fried foods and sweets. Try juicing each morning.
3. Juicing – With juicing try a spinach and or kale, apples, grapes, broccoli, cucumber juice. Mix or match things. Add carrots, pears, take out one add another. It will provide instant energy.
4. Vitamins -Women after 40 we have a chance for osteoporosis our bones may lose calcium especially once menopause starts. Get a good vitapak from GNC or other providers. Your body will thank you. Also watch your vitamin D, B, etc. Also take a fish oil supplement.
5. Water – Drink your 6-8 glasses of water a day
6. Exercise – Get to moving, buy a Fitbit and move it 10,000 steps a day, walk, run, buy a piece of exercise equipment, play a sport, try Zumba, a DVD or yoga. Let’s go move it!!
7. Sleep – 7-8 hours a night or take a nap after a long day.
8. Vacation days – Take a break. Pause for the cause and the cause is you.
9. Love yourself – You are number one in this game. With no you, you can’t help others. Say no when you are tired. Try not to live a life of people pleasing and always having to go go go.
10. Help someone else – Spread the love and knowledge of self-care. If you see someone you love not taking care of themselves mention these things to them and try to help them. Also help someone less fortunate than you.
At the end of it all, we are on this earth to share and love. But this starts with self-love. When you love yourself you will love your health.