Having cancer twice scared me really bad. I was young and in my 30’s. I am still young as I am in my mid 40’s now. It has made me really pay attention to myself. I am not saying I do everything right I don’t. I notice I have bloat and weight gain that I never had some years ago. I was a size 5 and now I am a size 10. Big deal you still are small that is what I hear from others. Small? Well….it is still an increase for me. It is also a sign that my metabolism has slowed down. I have to watch my weight. The bloated feeling is rather bothersome too. I also have some strange sleeping habits. But I can’t blame everything on the illness. I was always a strange sleeper. Some things I do and I have noticed it is helping:
- Use essential oils – When I am stressed with work and at work or having trouble sleeping, I use my peppermint, lavender and balance oil on the back of my neck and on my wrists. I feel relief.
- Music, music and give me more music – This is a cure all. At work, in the car, at home, when I play music, I feel no pain.
- Exercise – When I walk, jump on my trampoline, play tennis use my elliptical, I feel great about myself. Everyone is not a gym person. If you can go, please do if not Invest in your home gym. Use free weights, Youtube, Zumba, Fitbit. Please get to moving. It is so sad to hear 40-70 year olds passing away. It is disturbing because you know if they had of taken care of themselves they some may still be here. If you do exercise try to encourage others around you that would listen to your advice. Invite them to join you.
- Juicing – I do a spinach, grape, apple, beet, broccoli juice. It makes me feel amazing. Try it or add kale or whatever veggies and fruit that you like. I bought an Oster blender from Target. It was $24.99.
- Eating lighter – I am with you, my favorite food is fried chicken. I love tacos too and hot potato chips. But unfortunately Tammi C.can’t eat that daily. For breakfast I eat oatmeal and a banana, lunch a salad from subway and dinner it is free style or more open. But I try to eat chicken (from my crock pot) and spinach some evenings. Or watch my calorie intake. I eat fruit throughout the day and drink water. I am not adding coconut water to my diet.
- Journal – I journal every day or most days. It could be about much of nothing but I am always writing out my thoughts. It is amazing.
I still mess up. I am busy working and in school some evenings. It is not easy but I try hard. I can do better too.
Take care of yourself, having a relationship, house, car, etc. is nothing if you are not here to enjoy it. Take your vacation days. Please I am begging you.